New Child Protection Program
All people who intend to work or volunteer in any of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati parishes, schools, or institutions, must attend a VIRTUS® Child Awareness Session for the Decree on Child Protection before you are approved to work with children. Effective June 18, 2012, the Archdiocese of Cincinnati has substantially changed the way it conducts training for its Decree on Child Protection. All training sessions on the Decree will now be known as VIRTUS® Child Awareness Sessions. Each Child Awareness Session will last 2 – 3 hours. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed in the sessions. To register for the new VIRTUS training session (child protection course) please go to http://www.virtusonline.org
- Select begin registration
- Select your organization: Archdiocese of Cincinnati
- Create User ID and Password, click continue
- Provide all information requested, click continue
- Select primary location where you volunteer, click continue
- Select additional if necessary, such as the church you attend as a parishioner
- Select your role (all that apply), click continue
- Answer yes/no question
- Click I have read and agree to child protection decree
- Click no because you have not attended
- Click on the training session you wish to attend.
- A message should come up that you have completed registration.
All volunteers who have received VIRTUS training must complete monthly online bulletins in order to remain active volunteers. Individuals who fall behind by three or more bulletins will have their VIRTUS accounts deactivated and will need to retake the VIRTUS® Child Awareness Session. New volunteers, as well as current volunteers whose fingerprints are at least five years old, need to complete an online background check.